Gav and Em's life as art

A Christian Married couple, one a Police Officer, the other a Secondary School Art Teacher. Of course you want to read it!

Monday, September 18, 2006

A Policeman's Lot.....

Is not a happy one?

When I set this up I had intended to not talk about work - it creates a lot of issues editing out names and not libelling anyone etc but having just read a few other Police Blogs I think I've changed my mind.

I've wanted to be a Copper for about 15 years ( I remember rushing home from Cubs as a ten year old to watch the Bill) and shaped my life from that age to gain a many experiences and qualifications that would lead me to this point.

Even when I put my application form in and it took two and a half years to finally get a start date for my training I waited with excitement and anticipation.

I've now been out on the street for 6 months working out of the Second Busiest Police Station in the Country.

Working with police officers and reading other police blogs I am aware of the tendancy to slip into cynicism and a depressing 'everything's bad' attitude but I love my job.

I've waited so long to get here and this is what God has called me to do.

Sure it's tiring, frustrating and difficult - at times infuriating but I do feel like I'm making a difference.

So from now on I will post about things that happen at work - but not the usual dumb criminal stories or complaints about red tape, I'm going to do what I can to report all the times I make a difference, improve someone's quality of life which is after all why we all do this job anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home